Anchors aweigh! BOAT & FUN BERLIN is ready to cast off
Berlin, 23 November 2022 – When November turns very grey, cold and wet, it is time for BOAT & FUN BERLIN. And so, just in time for the first weekend of advent, Berlin is once again the centre of water sports activities. This year, Berlin’s popular boating and leisure exhibition is not only the place to be for water sports enthusiasts and water tourists who, as the water sports season comes to an end are making preparations on the Berlin Exhibition Grounds for the coming year – it is also the right place for fishing enthusiasts, travelholics, fans of camping and outdoor activities. From 24 to 27 November 2022 the 20th edition of BOAT & FUN BERLIN offers a whole range of options for planning leisure time outdoors, in one place and under one roof.
“For all those who enjoy their spare time either in or on the water, our event here in Berlin is the place to be“, said Daniel Barkowski, project manager for BOAT & FUN BERLIN. “The show has all the options for planning leisure time outdoors under one roof, offering a rare opportunity to find out more in one place, visit a whole range of exhibitors and test and compare products. For us, combining boat displays – from canoes to luxury yachts – with camping, fishing and travel is only logical, as it all has to do with enjoying oneself on, in and around water. Here in Berlin we are bringing everything that belongs together in one place, and so are able to offer everyone involved – from exhibitors to visitors – real added value.“
Following on the heels of a summer of superlatives comes a BOAT & FUN BERLIN of superlatives. Together with Germany’s largest trade fair on the popular sport of fishing – ANGLINGWORLD BERLIN –, AUTO CAMPING CARAVAN, TRANSPORTER DAYS BERLIN and for the first time the BERLIN TRAVEL FESTIVAL, BOAT & FUN BERLIN is Germany’s largest boating and leisure exhibition for water sports, outdoor activities, adventure and travel.
GALA-NIGHT OF THE BOATS – an exclusive preview featuring a world innovation on 23 November 2022
As is tradition, on the eve of day one of the fair BOAT & FUN BERLIN opens with the GALA-NIGHT OF THE BOATS. On the evening of 23 November 2022, taking as its slogan ’GALA-NIGHT OF THE BOATS goes Oscar Night’, BOAT & FUN BERLIN is extending an invitation to an exclusive preview. The glamour-filled evening featuring innovations, exhibits, music and show acts will provide an early opportunity to meet exhibitors, dealers and boating enthusiasts in a relaxed atmosphere.
Invitation to the press event: Opening ceremony of BOAT & FUN BERLIN featuring a world innovation preview on 23 November 2022 at 6 p.m. – for full details please see our press invitation.
The 20th BOAT & FUN BERLIN at a glance
The whole range of leisure activities on, in and around water under one roof.
• An impressive display of premium motor yachts and sailing boats including the luxury brands Bavaria, Beneteau, Comitti, Delphia, Frauscher, Galeon, Jeanneau, Marex, Prestige and Sunbeam can be found in the hub27 event hall.
• From canoes to luxury yachts – BOAT & FUN BERLIN displays boats in practically every size and class, including models representing all the leading international brands and manufacturers such as Alfastreet, Aqualine, Bayliner, Fjord, Greenline, Interboat, Karnic, Marian, Mastercraft, my-electroboat, Powerboat, Quicksilver, Ryck, Sea Ray, Silver, Tes Yacht, X Shore, Zodiac, as well as many others.
• Berlin and boat debuts – belong together, and so this year BOAT & FUN BERLIN once again features a wide-ranging programme of first-time appearances including the Delphia 10 LoungeTop, Perla Motorboat 375 GT Hybrid and Chill by designboats.ch, which are all debuting on the world stage. On display in Germany for the first time are the Tender X Shore 1 from Sweden, the Neon 910 from Masuria, yacht builders from Poland, the aluminium tender VanVossen 595, and the Rand Source 22 from Denmark. Numerous other boats and innovations debuting in Berlin are also on display. To find out more, read our press release ’At home on the water’.
• From dinghies to yachts, from technical accessories for ocean yachtsmen to boat refitting equipment and a wide range of new sails and rigging for yachts – Hall 25 is where yachting enthusiasts can find all these things. And the Sailing Forum is where experts are able to offer a little extra know-how and inspiration.
• Chilling on the water remains one of this year’s big trends. The Electric Boat segment is where the results of an increasingly diverse market can be seen, as presented by BOAT & FUN BERLIN in the E-Boat Salon in Hall 3.2. Houseboats can be found in Hall 4.2. Brand names include Nautilus, Rollyboot, Flexmarine and SuiteHome Binnenyachten. In addition, the Houseboat Forum in Hall 4.2 features a fascinating programme of lectures about living and travelling on the water.
• Hall 4.2 is where visitors can get individual advice on sailing trips from Jürgen Straßburger, an expert on European inland waters and topics for newcomers.
• Once again, water rats of all ages can look forward to lots of fun: canoes, kayaks and paddleboarding can be tried out directly in the large test pool in Hall 4.2. In addition, visitors can find out more about the latest foilboarding, wakeboarding and surfing trends and other activities.
• Car trailers, caravans, camping equipment and tents – from 24 to 27 November in halls 21 to 23, the trade fairs AUTO CAMPING CARAVAN and TRANSPORTER DAYS BERLIN, which are taking place together under the same roof as BOAT & FUN BERLIN, are displaying leading brands and models. These are trade fairs for the whole family and the place to head for newcomers and experienced campers alike.
• ANGLINGWORLD BERLIN, the highly popular meeting place for sports and amateur fishing enthusiasts, gathers leading brands and celebrities from the international fishing scene. Bait & Tackle, Boats & Navigation, Casting & Fly Fishing, Travel & Precincts, Fashion & Outdoors, Fishing Trips & Regions – from 25 to 27 November fishing enthusiasts can find everything they desire in Hall 26.
• BERLIN TRAVEL FESTIVAL: whether the topic is a camper van tour with all the family, barrier-free travel, micro adventures or Europe by rail. From 25 to 27 November 2022 the Berlin Travel Festival in Hall 6.2A will be a source of inspiration and information for the next trip. There is lots to listen to, find out about and take part in here, where the workshops are creative, sustainable and offer culinary delights.
The map of the grounds at BOAT & FUN BERLIN has an overview of theme worlds, segments and highlights. The new BOAT & FUN BERLIN app is a smart companion for visitors to the fair and can be downloaded free of charge from the App Store (ios) or Play Store (Android).
Five trade fairs, one ticket and unlimited fun
Tickets to BOAT & FUN BERLIN are available from the online shop at www.boot-berlin.de/en/berlin/tickets/. A day ticket costs 17 euros, a 2-day ticket 24 euros. By buying a 3-for-2 ticket for 36 euros, three people can visit the fair together at a reduced rate. A family ticket costs 36 euros and is valid for a maximum of two adults with up to three children aged 6 to 14. Children up to the age of six are admitted free of charge.
Tickets to BOAT & FUN BERLIN are also valid for the joint trade fairs, open from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. on the respective days for the public:
AUTO CAMPING CARAVAN | 24 to 27 November 2022
TRANSPORTER DAYS BERLIN | 24 to 27 November 2022
ANGLINGWORLD BERLIN | 25 to 27 November 2022
BERLIN TRAVEL FESTIVAL | 25 to 27 November 2022
BOAT & FUN BERLIN
24 to 27 November 2022 | 10.00 am to 6.00 pm
Berlin Expo Center City
Additional information on BOAT & FUN BERLIN, the joint trade fairs, opening times, how to get there, entrances and a current map of the grounds at BOAT & FUN BERLIN 2022 can be found online at www.boot-berlin.de/en/berlin/. You can find a current list of exhibitors in the exhibitor directory at www.boot-berlin.de/en/berlin/exhibitor-list/.
The BOAT & FUN BERLIN media kit provides a selection of print-quality images from BOAT & FUN BERLIN and is available for editorial purposes. An additional large range of print-quality images can be found in our photo archive.
You can find logos for your own use in the press section of BOAT & FUN.
Press accreditation for BOAT & FUN BERLIN, valid also for the GALA NIGHT OF THE BOATS and all joint trade fairs, can be obtained online by visiting the press section of BOAT & FUN.
Additional information on BOAT & FUN BERLIN is available online at www.boot-berlin.com, on LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram.
About BOAT & FUN BERLIN
Every year during four days in November at BOAT & FUN BERLIN the focus is on leisure, adventure and mobility in, on and around water. The boating and leisure exhibition displays an impressive range of models and brands for boating and outdoor activities in the heart of Europe's largest region for water sports. This is an end-of-season event on the Berlin Exhibition Grounds for water sport enthusiasts to enjoy, where they can find out about the latest trends for next year and try out the hottest new water sports. The comprehensive displays of BOAT & FUN BERLIN are augmented by parallel joint events: in addition to Germany’s largest trade fair on the popular sport of fishing – ANGLINGWORLD BERLIN – AUTO CAMPING CARAVAN, TRANSPORTER DAYS BERLIN and – for the first time this year – the BERLIN TRAVEL FESTIVAL are all taking place under the same roof as BOAT & FUN BERLIN. www.boot-berlin.com
About Messe Berlin
Berlin has been a trade fair destination for 200 years, and has been one of the most important such hubs for many decades. Messe Berlin – the state’s own trade fair company – conceives, markets and organizes hundreds of live events every year. It strives to be an outstanding host for visitors at all events, generate optimal business stimuli, and provide fair conditions for everyone. This concept is reflected in the company slogan: Messe Berlin – Hosting the World.